Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share what you know and humbly learn as much as you can from the people you meet. Beyond that, it’s all happy hours, team outings and cooking competitions.
As part of the Agency Habitat team, our Creative Copywriting interns will be responsible for helping support the creative team throughout the agency. In addition, you’ll gain a full understanding of the daily tasks Creatives take on by performing additional tasks, too – like researching campaigns, participating in creative concepting, creating original copy, incorporating client feedback, and more. This, of course, involves close collaboration with our killer account team and marketing strategists. Long story short, our copywriters are an important part of a bigger creative push that happens when nice people work hard and aren’t afraid to explore and get weird from time to time.
- Write clever, appropriate copy solutions for a range of projects, including but not limited to, ads, sales and training materials, websites, social media, outdoor, direct mail, presentations, case studies and publication articles
- Author content for multiple clients and projects with unique voices and needs, maintaining quality and consistency while regularly switching gears
- Conduct research to fully understand client industries, products, customers and trends.
- Brainstorm individually and with the creative team to produce concepts
- Follow creative briefs, budgeted time and deadlines
- Assist with presentations to pitch ideas when needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Reports to: Copywriting Supervisor, Senior Copywriters
Manages: This role does not manage others
External relationships: Clients
Education: Working toward or have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Communications, Advertising/PR, Journalism, English or related fields)
Work requirements: 20+ hours per week (maximum 29.5 hours)
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
- Ridiculous drive and work ethic; zero regard for the word “can’t”
- Experience writing with a range of styles and tones
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good command of AP style and ability to apply it consistently
- Willingness to learn business and marketing fundamentals
- Willingness to both stand up for work and accept criticism when appropriate
- Solutions-oriented attitude in all situations
- Ability to learn quickly, produce in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and requirements
- Positive attitude, with ability to contribute to a team, establish good relationships and collaborate with other departments
- Strong oral communication skills
All of our internships are paid opportunities that help you develop real-world skills and hone your talents. We’re offering:
- $12.00 per hour
- The opportunity to bring fresh perspectives to life for a variety of clients
- The ability to be immersed in the work and culture of a dynamic agency environment from day 1
We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.