paid media intern
Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. One that is inclusive and inviting to folks from all walks of life, no matter the intersecting identities you encompass. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share your talents and insights openly and learn as much as you can from the people you meet every day. We know that collaboration, open communication, accountability, and a humble spirit drive us forward in this Habitat, and we’re looking to grow with you. We need team players who want to contribute to the greater success of our clients and community. We work hard. We play hard. We do life together with our clients and teammates and we do it all through brand, content and media. Sound like the place for you? Keep reading below.
The Habitat Internship Experience:
Our paid internship program is dedicated to recognizing and nurturing young talent by offering hands-on opportunities to learn and grow within a supportive environment. Our mission is to provide interns with an introduction to the next generation brand agency, so they gain the real-world skills needed to excel in their careers. As a part of the Agency Habitat team, our Paid Media interns will be immersed in the culture of a dynamic agency from day one and get the opportunity to shadow, learn from, and assist Media team members with various day-to-day activities relating to their accounts like supporting on account management and up-front strategizing on search, programmatic and social campaigns for various clients, in addition to reviewing analytics and learning how to provide strategic recommendations to optimize. It’s crucial for this role to stay up to date on social, cultural, competitive and industry trends and their impact on our clients and consumer behavior.
Our Paid Media interns will have learning opportunities in the paid social, search, and programmatic spaces and have the opportunity to apply those learnings. We believe it’s important to show and tell, as well as apply and execute.
Paid Media interns may have the opportunity to:
- Shadow and learn from multiple departments in the agency
- Attend brainstorming sessions, kickoff meetings, client reviews, presentations, client status calls, etc.
- Learn and assist in the execution and management of a variety of client paid search, programmatic and social campaigns
- Support paid media team members on research and reporting projects
- Participate in client strategy meetings and develop an understanding of the overall strategy as it relates to paid media campaigns
- Monitor and optimize campaign performance utilizing a variety of platforms
- Continuously monitor overall trends and developments in paid search, paid social and other digital technology
- Assist with new business pitches and proposals when needed (e.g., approach, budget, audience)
- Participate in any agency-wide intern projects
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Travel locally when necessary for assignments
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
Should you have everything mastered before coming into an internship? Absolutely not. To gain the most out of your internship and be prepared to learn in your field, we’d like you to possess the following knowledge and skill sets:
- Familiarity of functionality of paid search and social advertising platforms like Google, Bing, Meta, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, DSPs a plus
- Understand the basics in performance marketing
- Willingness to learn keyword strategy, campaign structure and build, A/B testing, bidding strategies and optimization best practices
- Strong QA abilities, with an eye for detail
- A strong numerical and analytical background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to report raw analytical data to your manager and assist in identifying trends/insights
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstration of a flexible and adaptable work style
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Reports to: Paid Media Manager, Interactive Creative Director
- Education: Working towards or have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Business, Advertising/PR, or related fields)
- Work requirements: Minimum of 20-29.5 hours per week in our Fort Worth office @ $12/hour
We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.