Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. One that is inclusive and inviting to folks from all walks of life, no matter the intersecting identities you encompass. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share your talents and insights openly and learn as much as you can from the people you meet every day. We know that collaboration, open communication, accountability, and a humble spirit drive us forward in this Habitat, and we’re looking to grow with you. We need team players who want to work hard and contribute to the greater success of our clients and community. We do life together with our clients and teammates and we do it all through brand, content and media. Sound like the place for you? Keep reading below.
The Habitat Internship Experience:
Our paid internship program is dedicated to recognizing and nurturing young talent by offering hands-on opportunities to learn and grow within a supportive environment. Our mission is to provide interns with an introduction to the next generation brand agency, so they gain the real-world skills needed to excel in their careers. As a part of the Agency Habitat team, our Photography Interns will be immersed in the culture of a dynamic agency from day one and get the opportunity to shadow, learn from, and assist art directors, social media strategists, creative directors and our studio team with various day-to-day activities relating to their accounts. Photography Interns will be responsible for supporting on photoshoots, managing equipment, retouching images, social media content creation and asset delivery. It’s crucial for this role to remain flexible and willing to help where needed, as well as work creatively with a variety of people.
Our Photography Interns will have learning opportunities in a variety of shoots ranging from commercial product, portrait, interior, and events. We believe it’s important to show and tell, as well as apply and execute.
Photography Interns may have the opportunity to:
- Learn about and assist in the execution and management of a variety of client photoshoots and content creation
- Learn how to support the studio team members on photoshoots, retouching, reel creation, and concept development
- Learn how to maintain and manage photography equipment, files, and intra-agency relationships
- Execute photoshoots, post-process files and deliver final assets
- Participate in meetings and develop an understanding of the overall studio processes
- Contribute ideas to help exceed expectations of goals and objectives
- Participate in any agency-wide intern projects
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of the basics of photography, marketing, and social media
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Knowledge of DSLR and Photoshop
- Willingness to learn studio equipment, etiquette, marketing, and reel creation
- Entry level knowledge of Lightroom, Studio Lighting and Schedule Management; knowledge of Capture One is a plus
- Willingness to learn new processes and programs
- Strong QA abilities, with an eye for detail
- Strong teamworking skills and patience
- Flexible to travel to locations as required outside of the job
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstration of a flexible and adaptable work style
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Reports to: Photographer
- External relationships: Freelance production crew members
- Education: Working towards or have obtained a bachelor’s degree (photography or related fields) or
- Work Experience: 3+ years photography experience
- Work requirements: Minimum of 20-28 hours per week in our Fort Worth office @ $12/hour
- This role requires skill in front of and behind the camera. Potential for occasional local travel. May work odd hours.
We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.