The Project Manager works with the Brand Management Team to manage all projects for assigned healthcare and pharmaceutical clients. Involved from the new business phase through project completion, the project manager is responsible for assisting with proposals and project plans, then guiding the project through development and creative. The Project Manager is responsible for the internal scheduling of work throughout the agency by opening all jobs and assigning a step-by-step schedule of completion to each of those jobs. Under the direction of the Director of Brand Management, the Project Manager coordinates movement of all jobs through agency departments (account service, research/planning, media, creative, interactive, production).
The Project Manager also works alongside his/her team leads (Director of Brand Management and Creative Director) to provide an internal status report of all active jobs, communicating the status of each job and identifying current/potential workload challenges. As changes in timing or scheduling take place, the Project Manager must be informed so an accurate schedule can be adjusted and produced each day. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities.
The Project Manager requires superior project management skills as well knowledge of healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. S/he must be a conscientious team player and extremely organized, detailed and have an analytical, yet creative mindset. This person also demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills. The Project Manager is a creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a take-charge attitude, while maximizing efficiencies via multitasking.
Account and Project Support
- Acts as a project management lead both internally and externally on assigned healthcare and pharmaceutical accounts, reporting up to a senior team member for support when needed.
- With the support of Brand Manager, educates clients on agency processes, and sets the tone of the partnership
- Ensures client onboarding process is followed including:
- Gaining appropriate details to open client in system
- Identifying appropriate billing procedures
- Receiving and documenting brand standards, style guides and other key documents to assist internal teams in optimal project delivery
- Assist Operations Team with documentation of contracts including MSAs, PPAs, NDAs, etc. and maintain digital files on all client activities
- Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes and which team members are involved in the different phases of a project
- Within Webvantage, develops:
- Project schedules
- Individual alerts and assignments
- Works with Brand Managers to ensure that:
- Each project meets key deadlines
- Each project meets quality control and agency standards
- The final project meets client expectations
- Proactively assists Brand Managers in gathering the necessary information to plan and implement each client project
- Manages production workflow between Brand Manager requests and agency services to ensure client needs and expectations are met
- Ensures projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of Brand Managers to potential problems before they occur
- Proofreads printers’ proofs as requested; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers
- Assists brand management team in timely issuance of documentation: pricing proposals, project initiations, project briefs, estimates, schedules, and status and budget reports
- Reviews and files Job Change Orders from Brand Managers/clients and adjusts schedules and budgets accordingly
- Contacts clients directly as requested by Team Leads
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments in order to recommend valuable process and budgeting adjustments
Internal Resource Management
- Partners with brand management and creative teams to forecast team traffic and project influxes
- Within Webvantage:
- Manages time and financial resources, working diligently to collaborate with team leads, continuously adjusting team and individual workloads to ensure client projects are on time and on budget
- Constantly updates schedules, and distributes to all departments a daily “Hot Sheet,” listing the most pressing jobs for the day and their current status
- Publishes a weekly production status report to advise all departments of schedules and job status
- Works with Creative Team and Brand Manager to identify production details and subsequently solicit and negotiate production and other service estimates from partners (e.g., printers, photographers, illustrators) and develop internal POs appropriately
- With support from the Creative Team, ensure that production projects move forward according to project schedule and that project remains in line with vendor estimate and overall client budget
- Works with Creative Team to build ongoing vendor relationships/portfolio to be utilized for future projects
- Develops working knowledge of vendor processes to act as a resource on timing, cost and general questions
- Works with Brand Manager to build ongoing client relationships, acting as a reliable agency partner for process, financial and logistical discussions
- Mentors associate project managers and project coordinators who show interest in a project management growth plan
- Works closely with Brand Manager once a marketing plan/proposal/scope of work (SOW) is developed to identify associated project estimates, working through necessary details to solidify scope of each project appropriately
- Constantly monitors Webvantage Quote vs Actuals (QvA) reports to provide account- and project-level reports, proactively call out issues to Brand Managers
- Spearheads monthly billing and reconciliation of projects for assigned clients
- Maintains ongoing accounting status reports for Brand Managers and clients
- Provides Brand Managers with reports/details so that they can finalize and report on monthly, quarterly and yearly projections
- Maintains working knowledge of pertinent software and peripherals needed to complete work.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Reports to: Senior Brand Management and/or Project Management Team Lead
External relationships: Clients, Vendors
Education: B.A. in Business, Management, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, Liberal Arts or other related fields
Work experience: 4+ years of relevant experience required; agency and healthcare experience preferred; management experience and knowledge of Veeva a plus
Work requirements:Occasional overtime and travel may be required. May work some add hours.
We offer a friendly and creative work environment that allows you to work flexibly from home or the office, competitive salaries plus benefits, 401(k), paid time off, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.