Job summary: As part of the Agency Habitat team, the Videographer will be responsible for bringing branded stories and content to life through video. An ideal candidate will have experience in both videography and editing (photography skills are a plus). The person in this role will work closely with the Brand Engagement team and core creative teams to plan, film, edit and deliver video assets to clients that can be used on websites, social media and digital ad placements. We will shoot content in house and on location.
- Working with the Associate Creative Content Director and the agency’s core creative teams to plan, film and edit compelling video content for clients
- Collaborating with people in other departments such as Project Managers and Brand Managers to conceptualize video projects
- Editing final videos together for use on websites, social media and digital ad placements
- Assisting with pre-planning including storyboarding shots, set and equipment needs, and travel scheduling
- Setting up equipment including cameras, audio recorders, lighting, microphones and props
- Preparing background film or ‘b’ roll
- Working with Motion Graphics Designers to direct where on–screen text and animation elements are needed to produce a final product
- Maintaining studio order and equipment, as well as naming and organization of video files
- Editing graphics into video content such as lower thirds, transitions and logo animations
Reports to: Associate Creative Content Director
Manages: This role does not manage others
External relationships: Clients, Crew, Vendors
Education: B.A. in RTVF/Videography or another relevant major a plus but not required
Work experience: 2-3 years of professional experience as a videographer working with clients; agency experience a plus
Work requirements: Potential for occasional overtime and travel. May work odd hours dependent on shoot schedules.
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
- 2+ years video shooting, video editing & retouch skills; photography experience a plus
- Online portfolio of your work
- Strong background in editing/post-production using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere (knowledge in After Effects or Motion a plus)
- Experience shooting with DSLRs or cinema cameras
- Understanding of lighting/audio in the studio and on location
- Color grading proficiency
- Knowledge of video compression and codecs
- Conceptual skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent file management
- Ability to work efficiently among multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Experience with camera operation, shot framing, etc.
- Familiarity with audio setup and lighting setup
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously
We offer a friendly and creative work environment that allows you to work flexibly from home or the office, competitive salaries plus benefits, 401(k), paid time off, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.