Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. One that is inclusive and inviting to folks from all walks of life, no matter the intersecting identities you encompass. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share your talents and insights openly and learn as much as you can from the people you meet every day. We know that collaboration, open communication, accountability, and a humble spirit drive us forward in this Habitat, and we’re looking to grow with you. We need team players who want to work hard and contribute to the greater success of our clients and community. We do life together with our clients and teammates and we do it all through brand, content and media. Sound like the place for you? Keep reading below.
The Habitat Internship Experience:
Our paid internship program is dedicated to recognizing and nurturing young talent by offering hands-on opportunities to learn and grow within a supportive environment. Our mission is to provide interns with an introduction to the next generation brand agency, so they gain the real-world skills needed to excel in their careers. As a part of the Agency Habitat team, our Copywriting interns will be immersed in the culture of a dynamic agency from day one and get the opportunity to shadow, learn from, and assist with various day-to-day activities relating to their accounts. We’re looking for someone with out-of-the-box, imaginative storytelling that leads to actionable creative solutions for a wide array of audiences and clients.
Our Copywriting interns will have learning opportunities in a variety of copywriting areas and the opportunity to apply those learnings. We believe it’s important to show and tell, as well as apply and execute.
Copywriting interns may have the opportunity to:
- Shadow and learn from multiple departments in the agency
- Attend brainstorming sessions, kickoff meetings, client reviews, presentations, client status calls, etc.
- Learn how to write clever, appropriate copy solutions for a range of projects, including but not limited to, ads, sales and training materials, websites, social media, outdoor, direct mail, presentations, case studies and publication articles
- Author content for multiple clients and projects with unique voices and needs, maintaining quality and consistency while regularly switching gears
- Learn regulatory process considerations
- Conduct research to fully understand client industries, products, customers and trends
- Brainstorm individually and with the creative team to produce concepts
- Learn about and follow creative briefs with budgeted time and deadlines
- Assist with presentations to pitch ideas when needed
- Participate in any agency-wide intern projects
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Travel locally when necessary for assignments
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
Should you have mastered everything before coming into an internship? Absolutely not. To gain the most out of your internship and be prepared to learn in your field, we’d like you to possess the following knowledge and skill sets:
- Ridiculous drive and work ethic; zero regard for the word “can’t”
- Experience writing with a range of styles and tones
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good command of AP style and ability to apply it consistently
- Willingness to learn business and marketing fundamentals
- Ability to stand up for work and accept constructive criticism when appropriate
- Solutions-oriented attitude in all situations
- Ability to learn quickly, produce in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and requirements
- Positive attitude, with ability to contribute to a team, establish good relationships and collaborate with other departments
- Strong oral communication skills
Reports to: Associate Creative Director, Senior Copywriters
- Education: Working toward or have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Communications, Advertising/PR, Journalism, English or related fields)
- Work requirements: Minimum of 20-28 hours per week in our Fort Worth office @ $12/hour
We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.