Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. One that is inclusive and inviting to folks from all walks of life, no matter the intersecting identities you encompass. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share your talents and insights openly and learn as much as you can from the people you meet every day. We know that collaboration, open communication, accountability, and a humble spirit drive us forward in this Habitat, and we’re looking to grow with you. We need team players who want to work hard and contribute to the greater success of our clients and community. We do life together with our clients and teammates and we do it all through brand, content and media. Sound like the place for you? Keep reading below.
The Habitat Internship Experience:
Our paid internship program is dedicated to recognizing and nurturing young talent by offering hands-on opportunities to learn and grow within a supportive environment. Our mission is to provide interns with an introduction to the next generation brand agency, so they gain the real-world skills needed to excel in their careers. As a part of the Agency Habitat team, our Design interns will be immersed in the culture of a dynamic agency from day one and get the opportunity to shadow, learn from, and assist the creative team with various day-to-day activities including research, concepting, design and layout, content creation and production for various clients. We’re looking for design interns that will immerse themselves in the creation and strategy of a project, pairing dynamic design with creative solutions.
Our Design interns will have learning opportunities in various design outlets in both the digital and traditional spaces. We believe it’s important to show and tell, as well as apply and execute.
Design interns may have the opportunity to:
- Shadow and learn from multiple departments in the agency
- Attend brainstorming sessions, kickoff meetings, client reviews, presentations, client status calls, etc.
- Learn about, understand, and apply different principles of design
- Work closely with creative team members on various client and internal tasks ranging from concept to completion (for digital and traditional media)
- Create storyboards, layouts and designs for assigned projects
- Learn about and follow creative briefs with budgeted time and deadlines
- Assist in the editing, production, and post-production of existing client deliverables
- Brainstorm and ideate with and without guidance from creative team members
- Learn about and create email designs in XD
- Learn about regulatory process considerations
- Attend and present during internal creative meetings as needed
- Assist during photo and video shoots as needed
- Participate in any agency-wide intern projects
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Travel locally when necessary for assignments
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
Should you have mastered everything before coming into an internship? Absolutely not. To gain the most out of your internship and be prepared to learn in your field, we’d like you to possess the following knowledge and skill sets:
- Solid proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to conceptualize and brainstorm with a team
- An online portfolio showcasing your creative work
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Self-motivation and proactive thinking capabilities
- Interest and eagerness to learn about new/upcoming developments in design and advertising
- Willingness and ability to push creative boundaries
- An open mind and a positive attitude
Reports to: Associate Creative Director/Creative Director
- Education: Working towards or have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree (Advertising, Art Direction, Design, Communication Arts, or similar program)
- Work requirements: Minimum of 20-28 hours per week in our Fort Worth office @ $12/hour. May be required to travel locally
We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.