Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. One that is inclusive and inviting to folks from all walks of life, no matter the intersecting identities you encompass. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share your talents and insights openly and learn as much as you can from the people you meet every day. We know that collaboration, open communication, accountability, and a humble spirit drive us forward in this Habitat, and we’re looking to grow with you. We need team players who want to work hard and contribute to the greater success of our clients and community. We do life together with our clients and teammates and we do it all through brand, content and media. Sound like the place for you? Keep reading below.
As part of the Agency Habitat team, the Brand Manager is a primary link between our clients and the agency, responsible for maintaining a tight relationship with specific accounts, identifying needs and selling Agency Habitat services and talents to meet those needs. You’ll be a key day-to-day agency representative to the client and maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. You must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency’s business, expanding your skill set during the time in this role.
You’ll be responsible for supporting senior team leads with creating brand identities through research and applying experience to uncover an in-depth knowledge of the organizational process, competitive threats and opportunities of a client’s business. Your job is to help develop brand strategies, review creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals, manage expectations and keep the communication flowing. You will also assist in managing the campaign measurement process to ensure that clients and the agency are aligned on key performance metrics, establishing realistic business goals, providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimized strategies moving forward.
You’ll support in ensuring that the agency provides
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning
- Consistently superior creative product
- Work that is strategic and, above all, creative
You’ll need strong verbal and written communications skills, an aptitude for analytical thinking; a sense of entrepreneurship, strong presentation skills; personal organization, and developing interpersonal skills.
- Acts as an account lead both internally and externally on assigned accounts, reporting to a senior team member for support when needed.
- Educates clients on agency philosophy and processes, and sets the tone of the partnership
- Helps clients define the role the agency can play in helping meet business objectives
- Grows and develops existing accounts
- Collaborates with internal media, creative and research staff to develop marketing strategies
- Serves as liaison with other agency partners regarding information-sharing, document-sharing, scheduling meetings and maintaining communications among agency team members
- Schedules/coordinates meetings, sets meeting objectives, identifies key participants, develops agendas and provides necessary documents and meeting notes
- Develops proposals, works with Project Managers to develop pricing and presents project plans/cost estimates to clients for approval or modification
- Develops creative briefs that serve as foundations for campaign development
- Negotiates with clients regarding details of campaigns and projects
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions
- Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to appropriate agency team members
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through Project Manager(s)
- Secures all client approvals and works with Project Manager to maintain careful records
- Reviews and approves all work before it moves into final production to ensure it meets strategic objectives and client expectations
- Oversees execution of approved programs
- Informs team leads of opportunities, struggles, capacity and upcoming work
- Consistently updates and maintains client projections
- Partners with project management teams to forecast team traffic and project influxes
- Regularly communicates clients’ short and long-term goals to team leads
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Ensures team members are provided with appropriate research materials to perform effectively
- Regularly communicates with clients to understand their long-term goals and make recommendations for/against certain strategies/tactics as appropriate
- Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full marketing/communications plans that meet and exceed the client’s marketing and business goals and objectives, with support from the team lead
- Works in a proactive manner with team leads to provide client marketing plans with the greatest added value
- Briefs creative, media and interactive staff to ensure account strategy is understood prior to project initiation
- Maintains agency/client relationship; arranges and chairs meetings with clients via phone and in person
- Works to build networks within client organizations and beyond that could lead to further opportunities, new business growth or efficiencies in process
- Acts as host/hostess for visiting clients – rolling out the “red carpet”
- Mentors associate brand managers and project coordinators who show interest in a brand management growth plan
- Develops scopes of work detailing tactical descriptions
- Completes billing reports and invoicing for assigned accounts
- Works with Project Manager(s) to:
- Assign estimate numbers to scopes of work
- Review/manage account retainers, scopes of work and project estimates
- Review reports on client campaigns and project financial details
- Review financial reports, including:
- Quote vs. actuals
- Quarterly projections
- Routes and gains approval on estimates and scopes of work through team/agency leadership
- Constantly monitors existing accounts for growth opportunities and works with senior team leads to capitalize on any opportunities that may arise
- Contributes to onboarding new accounts
Perform other tasks as assigned
Reports to: Senior Brand Management Team Lead or their designee
External relationships: Clients, Vendors
Education: B.A. in Business, Management, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations or Liberal Arts
Work experience: 4+ years of relevant agency experience, including public relations, marketing or consulting; knowledge of healthcare or digital development and social media marketing preferred; management experience a plus
Work requirements: Occasional overtime and travel required. May work some odd hours.
Location: Fort Worth, TX
We offer a friendly and creative work environment that fosters community, companionship and dynamic working relationships. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration, so we work mostly in our state-of-the-art office, but we understand that life happens, and we have flexibility to work from home when needed. We offer a competitive salary with potential bonus opportunities based on company and individual performance, plus benefits, 401(k), ample paid time off, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.