content creation intern
Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. One that is inclusive and inviting to folks from all walks of life, no matter the intersecting identities you encompass. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share your talents and insights openly and learn as much as you can from the people you meet every day. We know that collaboration, open communication, accountability, and a humble spirit drive us forward in this Habitat, and we’re looking to grow with you. We need team players who want to work hard and contribute to the greater success of our clients and community. We do life together with our clients and teammates and we do it all through brand, content and media. Sound like the place for you? Keep reading below.
The Habitat Internship Experience:
Our paid internship program is dedicated to recognizing and nurturing young talent by offering hands-on opportunities to learn and grow within a supportive environment. Our mission is to provide interns with an introduction to the next generation brand agency, so they gain the real-world skills needed to excel in their careers. As a part of the Agency Habitat team, our Content Creation interns will be immersed in the culture of a dynamic agency from day one and get the opportunity to shadow, learn from, and assist art directors, social media strategists, creative directors and our studio team with various day-to-day activities relating to their accounts. Content Creation interns will be responsible for planning, shooting, editing, and posting content for various clients across social media platforms, in addition to reporting on performance analytics and learning how to provide strategic recommendations to optimize. It’s crucial for this role to stay up to date on social, cultural, competitive and industry trends and their impact on our clients and consumer behavior.
Our Content Creation interns will have learning opportunities in organic and social media, user generated content creation, and with pulling and interpreting data. We believe it’s important to show and tell, as well as apply and execute.
Content Creation interns may have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to execute shoots and edit social content informed by the latest industry best practices and trends
- Continuously monitor overall trends and developments across social platforms
- Stay up to date on cultural conversations and content trends
- Learn and utilize social scheduling platforms to ensure a timely and consistent posting cadence
- Monitor post performance utilizing real-time data dashboards and reporting tools
- Assist in the development of detailed and summarized reports internally and for clients
- Work with internal creative teams to cast, script and perform in short-form video content
- Work with internal teams to identify creative testing and optimization opportunities within accounts
- Participate in any agency-wide intern projects
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Travel locally when necessary for assignments
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
Should you have mastered everything before coming into an internship? Absolutely not. To gain the most out of your internship and be prepared to learn in your field, we’d like you to possess the following knowledge and skill sets:
- Proficiency with shooting and editing on iPhone
- Ability to work collaboratively with other multi-disciplinary creatives and content creators
- Proficiency utilizing social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
- Confident on-screen presence and personality
- Knowledge and understanding of the basics in performance marketing
- Willingness to learn keyword strategy to optimize in-video SEO
- Strong QA abilities, with an eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to report raw analytical data to your manager and assist in identifying trends/insights
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstration of a flexible and adaptable work style
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Reports to: Senior Social Media Manager
- Education: Working towards or have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Advertising/PR, RTVF, or similar program)
- Work experience: Around 1+ years working in content creation for social media; agency experience a plus
- Work requirements: Minimum of 20-28 hours per week in our Fort Worth office @ $12/hour
- This role requires skill in front of and behind the camera. Potential for local travel. May work odd hours.
We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.