Creativity needs room to breathe. At Agency Habitat, we’ll give you the space. There’s no one right way to live, work, create or sell, which is why we believe in a different kind of work environment. All we ask is that you bring new experiences to the table, share what you know and humbly learn as much as you can from the people you meet. Beyond that, it’s all happy hours, team outings and cooking competitions.
Our copywriters bring the big ideas to print, broadcast and digital projects. These ideas are often birthed in team brainstorm sessions with art directors, creative directors and fellow writers. Solitary inspirations are also encouraged — as long as you’re able to convincingly pitch your thoughts to the group. Our copywriters support concepts with fresh and informative content that clearly speaks to a specific audience, in a voice that is unmistakably part of a client’s brand. This, of course, involves homework and close collaboration with our killer account team and marketing strategists. Long story short, our copywriters are an important part of a bigger creative push that happens when nice people work hard and aren’t afraid to explore and get weird from time to time.
- Write clever, appropriate copy solutions for a range of projects, including but not limited to, ads, sales and training materials, websites, social media, outdoor, direct mail, presentations, case studies and publication articles
- Author content for multiple clients and projects with unique voices and needs, maintaining quality and consistency while regularly switching gears
- Conduct research to fully understand client industries, products and customers. Monitor marketplace to help identify trends and offer timely recommendations.
- Create a wide range of ideas, headlines and copy, often within short deadlines
- Regularly brainstorm individually and with the creative team to produce concepts
- Work with creative, account and interactive teams to define copy needs and manage client expectations, budgets and project parameters
- Follow creative briefs, budgeted time and deadlines
- Help develop mockups, storyboards and presentations to pitch ideas to clients
- Help supervise and nurture junior writers and interns
- Remain current on best practices, trends and technology developments in the print, social and digital media spaces and in client industries
- May be required to formally evaluate team members and provide appropriate input to HR processes
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Reports to: Creative Director and/or Senior Copywriter
External Relationships: Clients
Education: B.A. degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Advertising, Marketing or other related discipline
Work Experience: 3+ years of creative writing experience (agency experience preferred); portfolio demonstrating professional experience
Work Requirements: Occasional overtime and travel required. May work some odd hours.
Knowledge and skill set requirements:
- Ridiculous drive and work ethic; zero regard for the word “can’t”
- Proven ability to concept and generate original creative ideas and content for an array of projects and a range of clients in both B-to-B and B-to-C
- Experience writing with a range of styles, from technical to persuasive
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good command of AP style and ability to apply it consistently
- Understanding of business and marketing fundamentals
- Willingness to both stand up for work and accept criticism when appropriate
- Solutions-oriented attitude in all situations
- High degree of organization, with ability to deliver work in a timely fashion and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly, produce in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Detail-orientated with ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously through completion and follow-through to resolve any outstanding issues
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and requirements
- Positive attitude, with ability to contribute to a team, establish good relationships and collaborate with other departments
- Ability to maintain good client relations and sales skills
- Strong oral communication skills
We offer a friendly and creative work environment that allows you to work flexibly from home or the office, competitive salaries plus benefits, 401(k), paid time off, a festive holiday schedule, three coffee makers, an arcade and full bar. Are you ready to join our team? OK then, take the phrase, “that’s not my job” out of your vocabulary and apply below.